BTX LIGHTS 2021 HOLIDAY CONTEST
Deadline has been extended!
New deadline to enter is Tuesday, December 14, 2021. Entries must be submitted before 11:55 p.m.
Voting will now take place on social media Wednesday-Thursday. December 15 -16. Votes will close at 12 noon December 16.
Winner will be announced the evening of December 16. Make sure to like and follow us on social media! @BTXPARKS
BTX Lights 2021 Holiday Contest
Untangle those lights, pull out the inflatables, and start decorating! Do you or your neighbor light up the block with holiday cheer each year? This is your chance to shine!
Show the community your most creative, most out of the box, and festive seasonal decorations and take part in this new Brownsville holiday tradition!
Christmas light contests are a festive way to demonstrate your community pride and light up the holiday season. It's also a great project for the whole family. So pull out your Santas, sleds, reindeer, wreaths and lights and spread the holiday cheer through your neighborhood.
No fee for entry into the contest.
Contest is open to ALL Brownsville, Texas residents. If your property is within the City of Brownsville, you are eligible!
Please make sure your decorations are visible from the roadway. Wow us with your lights and creativity, but keep it family friendly too!
How to Enter:
Take a photo or short video clip (30 seconds max) of your decorations and upload HERE.
Please note, we prefer you send us a photo because videos will take longer for us to review and publish.
Make sure you complete the form and that your contact information is correct. We want to be able to reach you if you win.
Submissions will be accepted until 11:55 pm December 14, 2021
Photos/video will be shared on the City of Brownsville Parks and Recreation social media for public voting.
PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD | The photo that receives the most social media engagement (In other words: the post with the MOST LIKES) will win the People’s Choice Award plaque and a 55" 4K HDR Smart TV..
BTXPARKS CHOICE AWARD | Judging by COB PARD Staff and the winner will also receive a plaque and 55" 4K HDR Smart Tv.
Voting will take place via BTXPARKS social media (Dec. 15-16). Winners will be announced via social media on the evening of December 16th, 2021.
If you have questions, please contact us at (956) 556-1713
1. Why are you having this event? 2020 was the year this contest came to be. We created the event because we wanted to continue to engage with our community. We wanted to share a little cheer and brighten up the season. Perhaps this contest/activity will encourage everyone to illuminate and decorate their homes, businesses, nonprofits, churches, and other organizations.
2. Do I have to pay a fee to participate? No. This contest is completely free.
3. What will I win? Winners will each receive a plaque and a 55" 4K HDR Smart TV. Winners will be announced on December 16, 2021. The category prizes are BTX People's Choice Award Winner (social media likes) and the BTX PARD Choice Winner (PARD Staff Judges).
4. I live in Los Fresnos, can I still participate? Hello neighbor and thank you for your interest! Contest is currently limited to only city of Brownsville residents. You are welcome to vote, and help us decide on a winner though. If you have a business or place you can decorate in Brownsville, you can decorate that.
5. How many times can I enter this contest? How many homes/lawns are you decorating? If you have more than one property in Brownsville, light them up and see which one wins. The more the merrier!
6. Where is the entry link? Click right HERE!
7. I live in an apartment, can I still participate? If you have decorations and lights up that can be seen from the outside--yes absolutely. Apartments, condos, townhouse, motorhomes, etc. If it is decorated, it is welcome!
8. Do I have to use the link? I don't know how to upload files. If you're having a hard time with the link, inbox us your pic via Facebook, reach out to us via messenger. If you don't have Facebook, you can also call us for help. Contact Special Events Coordinator Zachary Braswell at (956) 556-1713.
9. My in-laws decorate, but they don't use the internet, can I nominate them? Can I nominate a neighbor too? If you have their permission and or information, nominate them. Submit an entry on their behalf! Make sure you let them know that you did so.
10. How do I vote/like? What if I don't have Facebook? Entries will be posted on our @btxparks social media. This means photos will be up on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Use the platform of your choice. Log in to fb and give the post a like. If you don't have Facebook, try twitter or Instagram. If you have more than one account--use all of them. Encourage your friends and family to vote too.
Need some inspiration? Check out these homes:
2020 People's Choice Winner
2020 BTX Choice Winner