BTX LIGHTS 2020 HOLIDAY CONTEST
Brownsville, you spoke and we listened. You need more time, we've got you! We have extended the deadline to enter the contest! New deadline is Tuesday Dec. 15th!
BTX Lights 2020 Holiday Contest
Untangle those lights, pull out the inflatables, and start decorating! Do you or your neighbor light up the block with holiday cheer each year? This is your chance to shine!
Show the community your most creative, most out of the box, and festive seasonal decorations and take part in this new Brownsville holiday tradition!
Christmas light contests are a festive way to demonstrate your community pride and light up the holiday season. It's also a great project for the whole family. So pull out your Santas, sleds, reindeer, wreaths and lights and spread the holiday cheer through your neighborhood.
No fee for entry into the contest.
Contest is open to ALL City of Brownsville residents. If your property is within the City of Brownsville, you are eligible!
Please make sure your decorations are visible from the roadway. Wow us with your lights and creativity, but keep it family friendly too!
How to Enter:
Take a photo or short video clip of your decorations and upload HERE.
Please note, we prefer you send us a photo because videos will take longer for us to review and publish.
Make sure you complete the form and that your contact information is correct. We want to be able to reach you if you win.
Submissions will be accepted until 11:00 pm Friday, December 15.
Photos/video will be shared on the City of Brownsville Parks and Recreation social media for public voting.
PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD | The photo that receives the most social media engagement (In other words: the post with the MOST LIKES) will win the People’s Choice Award a plaque and 50" 4K UHD Smart TV
BTXPARKS CHOICE AWARD | Judging by COB PARD Staff and the winner will also receive a plaque and gift.
Voting will take place via BTXPARKS social media (Dec. 16-17). Winners will be announced via social media on December 18th, 2020.
The first 50 registered participants will receive a goodie bag courtesy of City of Brownsville Parks and Recreation Department. If you have questions, please contact us at (956) 547-6831.
1. Why are you having this event? 2020 is the year where everything is different. We want to continue to engage with our community while also being very safe. We hope this activity will encourage the community to share a little cheer and brighten up the season. Perhaps this will encourage everyone to illuminate and decorate their homes, businesses, nonprofits, churches, and other organizations.
2. Do I have to pay a fee to participate? No. This contest is completely free.
3. What will I win? It's a surprise--actually we will be posting about prizes on social media. Hint: It will be cool! Make sure you like and follow us to see that stuff!
4. I live in Los Fresnos, can I still participate? Hello neighbor and thank you for your interest! Contest is currently limited to only city of Brownsville residents. You are welcome to vote, and help us decide on a winner though. If you have a business or place you can decorate in Brownsville, you can decorate that.
5. How many times can I enter this contest? How many homes/lawns are you decorating? If you have more than one property in Brownsville, light them up and see which one wins. The more the merrier!
6. Where is the entry link? Click right HERE!
7. I live in an apartment, can I still participate? If you have decorations and lights up that can be seen from the outside--yes absolutely. Apartments, condos, townhouse, motorhomes, etc. If it is decorated, it is welcome!
8. Do I have to use the link? I don't know how to upload files. If you're having a hard time with the link, inbox us your pic via Facebook, reach out to us via messenger. If you don't have Facebook, you can also call us for help. The number to dial is (956) 547-6831
Need some inspiration? Check out these homes: